The My Success Event seeks to:
- Encourage students to plan ahead and tie their academic skills and requirements to their career goals
- Make students aware that rewarding career opportunities are available in the area
- Show students the broad range of jobs available
- Support the workforce development efforts of educators, counselors and parents
Participating students have completed an assessment of their career aptitudes and have identified at least two career pathways associated with their aptitudes. In following a pathway, the students will be able to experience area businesses as they showcase their career opportunities and learn about education and training requirements.
More than 2,000 students have signed up for the My Success Event, but there is still room for more. On this site, you will find the student self-assessment test, a career path form and lists of businesses, high schools, colleges and technical schools taking part in the event.
We hope to see you at the My Success Event:
- October 17 & 18, 2018
- 8:30 a.m. — 2:30 p.m.
- Wyatt Park Baptist Church
- 2902 N. Leonard Road
- St. Joseph, MO 64506
The My Success Event is coordinated by the St. Joseph Chamber of Commerce.